Click here to:
Brighton Art Society Annual Art Show 2019
Press the "BOOK NOW" button at the top of the page and follow the prompts.
To enter, you must be a CURRENT MEMBER of the Brighton Art society.
- You may enter up to a maximum of four(4) pieces.
- Each piece, including the frame, must not exceed 102 cm x 81 cm (40’x 32’) or four(4) kg in weight.
- They must be securely framed, labelled, wired ready to be hung.
- Artworks must be the entrant’s own original work.
- It must not be a copy of any other person’s art or photo that is subject to copyright law.
- Payment of the registration fee means that the entrant agrees to the terms and conditions for Entry. (These are set out on the website and ticket confirmation).
Bookings close on 11 October, 2019.
Late entries will not be accepted.
Brighton Art Society offers much more than classes and groups. We have a busy calendar of events so artists can meet and share knowledge in a friendly environment.
- Panorama newsletter
We publish a free, monthly newsletter “Panorama” about Society news, events and activities. They can now be downloaded from here:
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- New October Panorama (23/10/17)
- October 2017 EXTRA (includes corrections to October edition)
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017 edition
- July 2017 edition
- June 2017 edition
- May 2017 edition
- April 2017 edition
- March 2017 edition
- February 2017 edition
- January 2017 edition not published
- December 2016 edition not published
- November 2016 edition
- October 2016 edition
- September 2016 edition
- August 2016 edition
- July 2016 edition
- June 2016 draft edition
- May 2016 edition
- April 2016 edition not published
- March 2016 edition
- February 2016 edition
- January 2016 edition not published
- December 2015 edition front pages
- December 2015 edition pages 7-8
- November 2015 edition pages 1-10
- November 2015 edition pages 11-12
- October 2015 edition
- August 2015 edition
- July 2015 edition
- June 2015 edition
- May 2015 edition
- April 2015 edition
- March 2015 edition
- February 2015 edition
- January 2015 edition not published
- December 2014 edition
- November 2014 edition
The 2016 AGM was held at 2pm on Sunday, November 27th.
The Agenda/Nomination form can be downloaded here as a .docx or .pdf document.
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING 2016 ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING 2016 (pdf)
- Panorama newsletter
- Workshops & Demonstrations
We engage professional artists to run afternoon demonstrations (usually Sundays) throughout the year, covering all forms of painting and drawing. Most years these will include oils, watercolors, acrylics, pastels, portraiture. Also, we organize workshops, usually during school holidays.
- Annual Exhibition (in the first week of November )
This is often the culmination of members’ works for the year, giving all a chance to be displayed. We convert out studio and gallery into an exhibition space for around 200 works over 4 days in early November, and advertise widely in the Bayside area. We have valuable prizes offered by our sponsors across our major categories of work, professionally judged by well-known art judges, as well as a ‘People’s Choice’ award.
- Paint Outs & Sketch Outs
Outdoor painting sessions and weekend painting trips and day-long sketch-outs are organized by interested members. Keep a look-out in Panorama for coming events.
- Kevin Taylor Gallery
From Society groups to individual members, the Gallery can be booked for exhibitions and displays. This is a free service, dependent only on availability of the Gallery. There’s a booking diary in the Studio, and be sure to book sufficient time to allow hanging, showing and removal of works. In 2019, there were displays of work by many BAS members.